Sunday, 9 August 2015

My Favourite Highstreet Make-Up

I am definitely a budget buyer, I don't currently have a job so live on pocket money I get from helping around the house and volunteering. So I don't get enough money for make-up brands like Mac or Benefit. High street make-up is believed to be awful but if you look in the right places you can find lots of hidden gems.

Foundations

I struggle to find a foundation that matches my skin tone, which resembles the colour of the Snapchat ghost. Most of the foundation that I have used made me look insanely orange but I have found a few that I love. (All these foundations come in a range of colours)

Rimmel London Match Perfection- £4 pounds in a Tesco offer (My all-time favourite)
 Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse-  £7.69 from superdrug (thicker cover, no need for powder)
Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid - £7.99 from Superdrug

The two liquid foundations are amazing, they have a light, smooth coverage that feels lovely on the skin. While the mousse has a heavier coverage maybe for winter or if you don't want to use powder.



Eyes

I am obsessed by eyes at the moment, I have to many eye shadow palettes and I will probably buy many more. Here are some of my favourite

Collection Little Mix All About The Eyes- £3.19 Boots
Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Palette- £3.99 Boots
Barry M Eye Shadow Silver- £2.99 Superdrug
H&M Nude Eyes-  £3.99
H&M Mascara Volume- £1.99
Collection Does It All 1- £4.99 Superdrug

I choose these eye shadows because they blend so well, the two mascaras boost volume, don't clump and last forever so they are worth every penny.

 

Powders

I'm not big on bronzers, blush and highlighters or just general powders. So here are the ones I use on a daily basis I do like them, I'm just not that good at applying them.

Natural Collection Neutral Powder-£1.99 Boots
Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit- £3.50 Superdrug

The  neutral powder is easy to blend and doesn't come off to heavy. The contour kit is amazing for beginners, as I said I'm not to good at applying it but it doesn't matter with this because it just looks good when you put it on and it adds a little sparkle to your face.

Lips

Lips are everything to me they finish up a look, these are what a use to take care and decorate my lips.

Jelly Belly Tutti-Fruitti Chapstick- £1 Primark
Miss Sporty High Red 59- £2.59 Boots
Revolution Luscious- £1 Superdrug
Seventeen Barley Blush- £4.99 Boots
Barry M 151- £4.49 Boots
Natural Collection Strawberry Cheesecake- £1.99 Boots

All the colours are gorgeous, the reds are perfect for nights out whereas the pinks are lovely for ac ute day look, they blend well with other colours and are really nicely pigmented.

So these are my favourite highstreet make-up buys, they are not too expensive but are really good quality and are nice shades. What are your favourite bargin brands? Any recommendations?
Comment below and see you next week

Miss Blog :) x

6 comments:

  1. Ahh, this was such a lovely post! Very helpful! I'm actually in the process of putting together a makeup shopping list for back to school. Definitely going to check some of these products out! Do you know of any foundations that would be good for acne prone skin, yet still light enough for school?

    Looking forward to your next post! xoxo

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy, thankyou for the lovely comment. I don't really get acne, but I've asked around my friends and they suggested BB cream but if you want more coverage try Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation. Its hard to say what to use because a foundation reacts differently with different skin. Tell me if you found a foundation you like! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Will be checking back later when I need a good cheap product! Hate spending a lot on something that won't stay. What is your recommendation for mascara?
    -V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mascaras a hard one as you can never tell if it is going to dry out or clump when buying it, Maybelline Great Lash is really good if you are looking for something a reasonable price but if you don't mind paying a bit extra MAC is really good for mascara the one I got was only £14 and it has lasted for ages.
      Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Great thank you! I'm going to try the Great Lash one!

      Delete
  3. What a great blog you have I myself am into makeup and I would love to enlarge my collection! This has really helped me. Thx!!!

    ~Sweet Summer Teen
    http://sweetsummerteen.blogspot.ca
    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete